Tips You Must Follow for a Healthy Skin During Humid Weather
Are you tired of the humid weather outside? Humidity can be excessively daunting for the skin especially when it is hot as well as humid then your skincare routine must change. The humid conditions can take a toll on your face and result in acne and breakouts.
Are you wondering how to take care of your skin during the most annoying season of the year (for your skin)? Then you are in the right place as we bring to you the essential tips that you must follow religiously for a good looking skin.
Wash Your Face Properly
The most important trick to keep your skin soft and supple in the humid season is by cleansing your face at least 3 times a day. If you have dry skin you can skip one time but make sure to wash it twice. Use a mild cleanser that is best suited for your skin type. Before, washing your face with a face wash make sure to clean your face with cold water. This is because direct contact with heated skin is not good.
Cleansers will help in removing impurities from the clogged pores, balance the excessive oil secretion from the sebaceous glands, and also prevent pimples and breakouts.
A good massage with the cleansers leaves skin soft, gentle and fresh.
Use an Antiperspirant
You sweat a lot during the humid seasons, especially around the underarms and neck area. But you can avoid this using an antiperspirant or roll-on that smells refreshing. It will not only combat the bad smell causing bacteria but will also help in making you smell fresh all day.
Whether you are working 9 to 5 or going to college with your friends. It is important to grab one for yourself and also keep it in your bag. It will surely take care of your beautiful skin in the humid season.
Pamper Your Skin with Facials
Though it is humid the sun rays are quite harsh during this time of the year. Moreover, your skin tends to get more affected by pollution and dirt that builds up oils and clog the pores. However, you can pamper your skin by taking weekly or monthly facials.
The type of facial you should take must depend on what kind of skin you have and what suits best to your skin. If you have a busy schedule and cannot find enough time for facials you can also buy face beauty products online and use them for facials at home and you will definitely witness changes in your complexion.
For facials at home you can follow these steps:
- Wash your face with cold water by using a mild face wash.
- Exfoliate your face. You can use a scrub to do so.
- Facial massage is a great way of increasing blood circulation to your face. You can use face oils or facial creams. For maximum results do it twice.
- Use a good face pack. Choose the one that is best suited for your skin.
- Finally, it’s time to lock in all the moisture. Apply it all over your face and neck.
To have a beautiful and healthy looking skin you must know how to keep pimples at bay, especially when they are more likely to occur. The condition is worsened during the humid season. You shall avoid touching your face as far as possible because your hands are the dirtiest. Instead, you can use wet face wipes to cleanse your face. You can also use rose water, dab it with cotton, and gently wipe it off.
You shall also wash your face with lukewarm water to open up the clogged pores. Avoid using a lot of moisturizer to the oily sections of your face.
You must eat healthy regardless of what season it is. But particularly in the humid season, you must pay more attention towards your diet. What you eat shows up on your skin? Eat a lot of vegetable and fruits. Keep your skin hydrated with fruits and vegetable. Eating clean is the key to beautiful skin. Some of the foods that can boost your skin during the humid season are:
- Cucumber: It is a great source of hydration. If you are a fan of detox diet then cucumber should be on your top list.
- Watermelons: One of the most favorite summer fruit. It not only tastes good but is an excellent source to stay hydrated. Plus, it is low in calories and rich in antioxidants that are super good for skin.
- Berries: Blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries are not only delicious but are rich in antioxidants. They are helpful in protecting your skin from the harmful effects and damages that are caused by sun rays.
- Citric Fruits: Lemons, oranges, grapes, limes are some of the fruits that are rich in Vitamin C. It helps in collagen production making your skin look supple and younger.
- Tomatoes: It is a perfect food to protect your beautiful skin. Thanks to the lycopene. It boosts collagen production and avoids wrinkles.
- Coconut Water: Electrolytes in coconut water keeps your skin supple and youthful. The potassium boosts blood circulation and the water keeps the skin hydrated.
- Salmon: Salmon will keep your skin plump and dewy. It is rich in omega-3-fatty-acid that helps in regulating oil production.